In 2015, the City of Amsterdam launched the first version of the Amsterdam Tech Map, a 360° view on the technology and startup landscape in Amsterdam. The map was part of the StartupAmsterdam initiative. The map and data were powered by Dealroom (we’re an Amsterdam-based financial big-data startup).
The map became a success by several measures. The number of mapped entities grew to over 1,000:
Even more impressive, over 75% of these were crowd-sourced (“claimed”) directly by the founders. All data is fully synchronised with StartupDelta.org, which is also powered by Dealroom.
Amsterdam is now taking the map to the next level: from data visualisation map to a crowd-sourced community for Amsterdam tech founders, investors and tech-enthusiasts. Introducing: the Amsterdam Tech Map 2.0.
What is new?
- Sign in directly to the map (using Dealroom or LinkedIn), allowing you to claim your company profile, add new companies and make edits directly on the map
- A much faster overall site and better usability
- Easier filtering. Type any keyword and get instant results. For example: Fintech in Amsterdam
- Packed with data and analytics regarding size and growth, for example: Adyen
- News, powered by StartupJuncture and others
Additionally, the StartupAmsterdam team has access to a custom-built real-time analytics dashboard, providing insights about Startup growth, funding, hyper-local data, industry segmentation and other data for identifying trends and decision-support.
If you have any questions about the map, please feel free to contact [email protected]