The MENA region (Middle East and North Africa) is home to world-class startups such as Careem, Souq (acquired by Amazon for $650m), Talabat (acquired by Rocket for $150m), Wadi, Fetchr, Propertyfinder, Bahrain’s PayTabs and many more. With a population close to half a billion people, the region provides plenty of investment opportunities and massive potential.
The region has become highly accessible partly thanks to tech hubs which provide a platform for market entry. One of the key hubs is StartUp Bahrain, a government-sponsored a community initiative that brings together entrepreneurs, corporates, investors, incubators, educational institutions, and the Bahrain Government, to promote startup culture in Bahrain.
To get a feel for what is happening in Bahrain, below some relevant content from StartUp Bahrain:
- Here are 10 things you didn’t know about Bahrain that make it the perfect launchpad for your startup
- 17 highlights that made 2017 a great year for StartUp Bahrain
- 18 hot startups to watch out for in 2018 from the Kingdom of Bahrain
- Who’s who in StartUp Bahrain? Meet the ecosystem’s incubators and accelerators
- Learn about local startups including: Malaeb, Majra, GetBaqala and WNNA
- Highlights of StartUp Bahrain Week
The Kingdom of Bahrain was one of the first tech hubs to use Delroom’s newly designed startup ecosystem maps. Click below to explore Bahrain’s local startup ecosystem:
Also check out this overview of other Startup Ecosystem Solutions and information about how it works.