Tech City UK just launched Tech Nation 2017, a comprehensive report on the UK tech sector.
The report mentions many interesting stats, including £6.8 billion in UK tech investment in 2016. We add some pan-European perspective using Dealroom Data below (5-page slide-deck).
- Reported £6.8 billion includes both private equity and venture capital
- Venture capital only is about £2-3 billion and flat or down vs. 2015 (depending on source used)
- In 2016, the remainder of Europe was rapidly catching up with the UK
- However, the UK and London are off to a strong start in 2017
- And UK remains a bedrock in terms of VC-backed exits: a strong indicator of long-term VC ecosystem health